Come to our Mackay clinic for a diverse range of medical services
At Lloyds Northside Clinic & Smart Scan Mackay, we offer patient-centered care in all areas of general practice. Our healthcare professionals will recommend treatment plans and advice tailored to your individual needs.
For personalised medical services, call us to book your consult today. New patients are welcome.
- Well Women sexual health checks
- Breast checks
- Contraceptive protection—long-term & short-term contraception options, including implants & IUDs (Implanon & Mirena)
- Antenatal & postnatal care
- Regular medical check-ups
- Screening tests to detect cardiovascular disease, diabetes, early stage cancers, including prostate/testicular checks
- Sexual health check ups
- General health & development checks for babies & young children to see that they are growing & developing normally
- Free childhood immunisations
ASSISTING WITH MANAGEMENT AND TREATMENT OF LONG TERM MEDICAL CONDITIONS, SUCH AS:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- Chronic airways disease
- To look for changes or signs of disease
LUNG FUNCTION TESTS
- To check for and assist with respiratory conditions (spirometry)
- Health advice & travel vaccinations
INSURANCE / DRIVING MEDICALS
QUIT SMOKING ADVICE
WEIGHT LOSS MANAGEMENT
FOR A PROMPT, EFFICIENT AND FRIENDLY SERVICE PHONE: 4942 9910 NEW PATIENTS WELCOME
MICROSUCTION EAR CLEANING
A safe, gentle and effective way to clean ears is now available.
Microsuction is an ear cleaning technique that uses a binocular microscope and a suction device. It is the same technique used by ear, nose and throat specialists—and is superior to other methods such as water syringing (higher risks of ear drum trauma and ear infections) and ear candling (limited evidence). Microsuction is safe, gentle, and does not require water or previsit earwax softeners.
Australian Hearing and hearing aid manufacturers recommend a 4-6 monthly ear clean for hearing aid users.
HOW IT WORKS:
- A disposable speculum (funnel) is inserted into the ear canal.
- A doctor examines the ear canal and tympanic membrane (ear drum) under a microscope
- A suction tube is inserted into the ear canal. Any earwax and debris is suctioned out under the microscope. Eardrops, probes and forceps may be used for hard wax.
- The camera can be used again to show a clean ear.